Thursday, January 26, 2012

Checkride Scheduled

Not much of an audience actually showed up.

After 11 months of training, I'm finally starting to see the landing light at the end of the runway. The checkride for my private pilot's license is scheduled for February 8th.

I'm glad there's a couple weeks time to let that sink in, because my initial reaction is nervousness. However, when that day comes, I have to be nothing short of confident in my ability to pass. I've had good instruction and feel ready.

I've been reflecting on all my dual instruction flights, and have realized that there's going to be quite a dynamic shift in taking passengers vs an instructor. There won't be as much aviation banter, which I will kind of miss. The distractions will be real, and I'll have to remain vigilant with my situational awareness.

The first thing I plan to do is take my wife to Hemet for lunch! It will be a nice first flight that I'm familiar with. Nothing too crazy.

There's not much time left. I'm excited and nervous, but as long as the wings stay attached then I think I can do this.